Therapeutic Sequencing for Private Yoga Classes
9.30am - 4.30pm Sunday 3 March 2019
Frenchs Forest Campus (Davidson), NSW
How do you design the perfect practice for your private students?
How do you develop a sequence that helps your students heal?
In this workshop you will learn how and why correct sequencing makes a big difference to your private classes. You’ll discover how to use therapeutic sequencing to help your students manage health issues and injuries. You’ll also discover how to teach in a way that keeps even the most vulnerable student safe from harm. During this workshop on therapeutic sequencing you will explore:
- How to plan and sequence yoga practices that meet the needs of individual students.
- How to structure your classes to ensure your students make meaningful progress.
- How to target the practices that are best for each individual student.
- How thoughtful sequencing develops your professional skills and keeps your students safe.
There is much more to planning a yoga class than picking a theme.
This workshop will show you how to develop an intelligent framework for working with private clients. You'll learn to apply the principles of Vinyasa Krama to help your students experience greater continuity while deepening your own practice and understanding of yoga. During this workshop, you will explore the foundational principles of yoga therapy and learn to develop therapeutic practices designed to meet your student's individual health needs. Discover the wonderful feeling of purpose and connection when you learn to plan your teaching more strategically.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Confidently develop personalised practices that meet the needs of individual students.
- Use diagnostic asana to identify the postural habits and therapeutic needs of your students.
- Design sequences that are safe, effective, flexible and individualised.
- Support your students to heal from injury and health issues through therapeutic sequencing.
Qualified yoga teachers who want to develop their professional skills, grow their classes and earn Yoga Australia CPD points.
Continuing Professional Development:
This workshop attracts 7 CPD points for certified yoga teachers.
"Thank you for a great workshop, Nikola. Really inspired me to lift my teaching and the experience for the yoga practitioners I am in contact with. This is the 2nd workshop I have done with you and think they were soooo worth it."
Karen Lenehan, Wagga Wagga
About the Teacher
Nikola Ellis MCAP, C-IAYT
Founder of Adore Yoga, Nikola has been immersed in yoga for over 25 years, studying with leading international teachers including TKV Desikachar, Judith Lasater, Donna Farhi, Ganesh Mohan, and Saraswathi Vasudevan. Nikola has been training yoga teachers and therapists for 14 years and runs a successful private Yoga Therapy practice in Sydney. She develops, delivers and consults on Yoga Therapy programs for organisations including A Sound Life, Cancer Council NSW, The Butterfly Foundation and RSL Defence Care.
How To Book
Booking Terms and Conditions
Deposit and fees are non refundable. Should you cancel your booking more than four weeks prior to start date, 50% of the balance after non-refundable deposit will be given. No refunds will be made for cancellations made within 4 weeks of start date. See prospectus for full terms and conditions.